2. DCBarNone RT @Nina_Parks @DCBarNone what does the term "community policing" mean to you <--is dat another term for "neighborhood watch"??
3. Dart_Adams @Nina_Parks: In the 70's & early 80's when I grew up the entire neighborhood & community knew each other so it was feasible. Then crack hit
Dart_Adams @Nina_Parks: When Ms. Johnson down the street would call your parents when you were about to act up & elders stood up to dealers & pimps... Dart_Adams @Nina_Parks: Once 15 year olds had Uzi's & people's mothers, fathers, aunts & uncles were robbing their families to get high? It got deaded
4. DEO415 @Nina_Parks one step close to having a police state!
5. sake1derful @Nina_Parks police-based communities sake1derful Police-based communites, AKA "Snitch City" RT @Nina_Parks: @sake1derful what does the term "community policing" mean to you
6. troublman @Nina_Parks it means the concerend citizen in a community establishing a standard and holding people others to it.
troublman @Nina_Parks it means men scolding the boys in the community. And moms working together to discipline the kids in the community.
7. MissOmniMedia @Nina_Parks it's a collab effort between law enforcement and the comm it serves to solve problems and stay aware of underground activity
8. DrasticMatter @Nina_Parks It means swine flu's (cops) holding the ppl accountable for crimes they cannot stop. More like, parents snitchin.
8. rehes @Nina_Parks could mean having an agreement to keep your fellow community members in check
9.Kiwi Illafonte Good question... off the top of my head...
- Holistic discipline (not just catch you and punish you), but understanding the factors that lead people to crime and taking those into consideration when deciding on the "community" consequences a "perpetrator" should face - Leaving the pigs out of it as much as possible - Clarifying the parameters of snitching (or not snitching) - More creative “punishments” and alternatives to prison - Having more balance and equity as to who is on the “jury” that is judging someone (i.e. people from their community who have a better sense of their circumstances and perhaps a similar experience)
10. papalote415 @Nina_Parks These neighborhoods are also the least gentrified in Sf so it may mean "Make Room" in the long run.. 11.zumbi808 @Nina_Parks that would mean having people who live in the community serving as a deterant to the bs
12. Evangillest @Nina_Parks it means that pigs finna be all up in yo mud cause they think it's " thicker"! Yadadadigumsayin!
13. bigvon @Nina_Parks means the next doors folks get to whoop the kids
14.KoolMoeBee @Nina_Parks like a neighborhood watch? I dig neighborhood watches.
15.PEPluv @Nina_Parks in an idyllic & pos sense, citizens take an active roll in the progression, development, growth & safety of all in the community
PEPluv @Nina_Parks but the polar opposite is wht we more oftn c. In a sense gangs do jus tht "police" their territory/community as well as bully it
16. NeticRebel It's when u tell ya way 2 big friend not to wear those shiny Amer Apperal pants RT @Nina_Parks: What does "community policing mean 2 u?
NeticRebel Hey @Nina_Parks that was me answering the question. We have a responsibility to our friends, family & comm. Being honest w/ self is 1st.
17. Balance510 @Nina_Parks community has a duty to preserve and protect the cummunity they live in
18.mkbkrthebkmkr @Nina_Parks Taking care of our own.
19. @DLabrie @Nina_Parks a people ran neighborhood where people look out for each other and watch each other back as a group
20.rubymsuniverse @Nina_Parks in Bedstuy, there r signs for a group called "Urban Knights"-men in the neighborhood who unite to protect women and children
rubymsuniverse @Nina_Parks a group independent of the police, taking it to their own hands to provide protection; sort of like a neighborhood watch.
rubymsuniverse @Nina_Parks that's what comes to mind first when I think about "community policing". in what context do you speak of it in?
21. JBillion @Nina_Parks Well I feel that term entails gathering your community together and protecting each other's rights and wants from any opposition
22.talldarkNanthem @Nina_Parks not into the term "policing" but I think - extending expectations & standards for ur hood that u'd have for your own home.
23. RockyRivera @Nina_Parks Re: Comm. Policing: I like the term "comm. accountability" rather than "policing". The frmer has a neg. connotation IN the comm, Community accountability means that each resident feels responsible; but they have to be valued 1st before they can contribute