Wednesday, September 22, 2010

War Paint and the American Dream

WAR PAINT: Victor Reyes from Dylan Maddux on Vimeo.

(photo by Nina Parks April 2009)

Reyes has been one of my favorite artist for quite some time. The motion that he convey's in every stroke of his paintings really does speak to the movement and wild motion with in myself, I suppose that's how we communicate with ourselves, the act of art give form to something that other wise is just an energy ruminating in our beings.

But, from Misspelled to Reyes' new project Warpaint you can see the energy shift. Where his brush strokes were more fluid and free flowing Reye's hand seems to be more focused an determine than ever before.

I'm really excited to see what the finished pieces will look like.

And the "American Dream" I'm going to steal Dylan's blurb to describe his show 'cause I couldn't have written something better myself:

"The American Dream Project is in line with where I’m at in my life…it’s one of chaos and mayhem. The motivation was cash and gorgeous women. I loved every moment of it, although it wasn’t the end result. Now my energies need to be redirected to a new emotion.
The shots I created for this project exemplify my life at this time and this show is intended to put a cap on that. It’s all moving fast and so should I…next stop, Bangkok.”

For more info on these two artistic powerhouse's check out KNOWNGALLERY.COM artist section and blog.

No comments: