Saturday, May 31, 2008

Nina Parks the "Designer" -- WhatTheFuck!

Pick up the June 2008 Juxtapoz Art and Culture Mag. There's a write up on the Lady Bird SF.Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm HELLA EXCITED!!!!!!!!! Ok, so it's weird; the paths that life takes you on. I remember before I left to boarding school my passion was in the arts, in words and in music. And when I was asked the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I had a list of goals, I wanted to be a rapper (LOL I know everyones a rapper), a graphic designer, and....a Super Hero (my cousin Lisa told me to say that one day when I went to visit her at her high school, when I was a kid. So I've been saying it ever since) But to have a write up in an art and culture mag... that through me for a loop.
There it was on the table the night I left for Costa Rica. An advanced copy of the new Juxtapoz mag with a spectacular write up on my creations. Although to say that my earrings are influenced by "Chinese" Astrology is an understatement. All Astrology is more like it. At any rate, PICK UP A COPY OF THE NEW MAG. There's also a dope feature on Toronto artist Ray Ceasar . Love the mixxed media and the fact that they are digital images. I do think that it's important to learn classic art as a base (which he has) but to be able to learn new and progressive techinques is the key to longevity in a trade... At least that's what I'm starting to understand.
Here's one of my many favorite images.

No comments: