Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Keeping it Simple in the Studio with the The Artist: J.Cole

Still holding on to reason he created his soul
in front of her
Inspired by his emotions illustrated by
every snare kick and melody
his body moved before he layed down the sound
as his soul created it made her heart pound--- NP in Studio 2009 ;)
(Mez you asked what I was writing in my notebook)

September 20th, 2009 the opportunity came up to kick it in the studio with J. Cole and the Homie Mez ( one of the talents behind the StartYourOwnRebellion project I posted a few weeks back) My motives were to talk to Cole about his experience growing up mixed race in North Carolina. But, there's something about being in the studio that's intoxicating. The creative energy and the focus on the art derrailed me from my mission and inquiry about self identiy, cause there it was, and I was just prompted to live in that moment.

Mez and Cole in the studio

Then, Cole was recently signed to Roc Nation, Jay-Z's new lable. But it the studio that night it was only 3 homies, time and creativity. Thanks for letting me capture the moment fellas.

Peace- Nina Parks.
www.twitter.com/teamcole

No comments: